Not properly preparing your skin is the biggest cause for a dissatisfy spray tan. One of the biggest mistakes people make is they
exfoliate too harshly. Salt or sugar scrubs, mitts or luffas may be too harsh. DHA the active ingredient that gives you your sunless tan interacts with dead skin cells. So if you exfoliate too
harshly your spray tan might turn out splotchy. You only want to remove loose dead skin cells. We recommend you use a gentle exfoliate.
- Shower and lightly exfoliate prior to your tanning session. This is very important, as it will remove the dead skin off of your body,
which will in return give you the longest-lasting tan possible. Exfoliate using a water-based scrub. Any oil on the skin will leave a barrier and inhibit the spray tanning solution from
developing. They are various in your local store with no need to buy expensive brands. Exfoliating prepares the skin for a spray tan and ensures optimal results. Please, do not injure the skin
with rough exfoliation.
- Skin should be clean and dry before being airbrushed. For optimal results, do not apply moisturizers, deodorants, cologne, body oils,
or makeup before your tanning appointment as they can affect the result of your tan.
- Women: Shave or Wax the night before your airbrush tanning session. If you wait to shave until after your airbrush
tan, you will speed up the fading process.
- Men: Shaving/waxing the entire body is optional. If you shave your face daily, make sure to do so the morning of your
session and use a new razor each time you shave after your spray tan.
- Schedule your spray tan after you get your manicure, pedicure, massage, facial, and waxing. All of these services will disrupt an
existing spray tan, so it is important to schedule the tan after these services are done.
- Style hair off of the face and neck. Use clips, rubber bands, scrunchys, etc..
- Remove jewelry before being airbrushed.
- If you choose to wear a swim suit, bring a dark, snug swimsuit or under garment to create “tan lines” (wool, lycra, nylon, spandex,
silk might stain.) Excess spray tan residue can often attach to the clothing; this comes out after being washed however white clothing will often become off colour over time. Being sprayed in
undergarments is not necessary. It's up to you and your comfort level.
- We ask that you trust the advice of the technician who will choose an airbrush recipe that will compliment your skin tone and will
leave you with a natural looking tan. We only use the best quality airbrush solutions available to professionals.
IMPORTANT! The moment water touches the sprayed skin the tanning process stops in the area affected by the
If it is raining on the day of your spray tan, wear full protective clothing to cover the entire body to ensure it does not come in
contact with the rain.
- The session takes up to 15 from start to finish.
- Sticky feet will be provided to avoid contact with the over spray.
- A nose filter will be provided and a lip balm applied.
- If you suffer from respiratory problems, please contact your doctor before booking your treatment.
- You will dry for 10 min.
After Your Spray Tan
- It is crucial that you DO NOT touch the sprayed areas, doing so will eventually turn your fingers/hands
- Wear dark loose clothing to leaving in after your spray tan e.g. a oversize t-shirt and sweat pants. Avoid anything that is tight or
has elastic as they can leave marks while you are still in the drying process. Preferably do not wear a bra for at least 1 hour afterwards.
- Wear flip-flops.
- DO NOT rub or scratch your body as this can also remove the spray tan tanning solution during the developing
- Avoid any strenuous exercise or perspiration activity immediately after the spray tanning session as this will affect the developing
process. Sweat can cause a natural reaction that results in poor color and uneven results. Avoid any water contact on the skin until after the first shower. Water contact stops the tanning process
immediately. Do not let your pets lick you as this too will cause streaking.
- If you are receiving a spray tan on a hot day it is recommended to apply talcum powder to areas of excess sweating after the spray tan
is dry. It is also recommended to sit on a towel in the car after tanning to help prevent sweating.
- Wait at least 8 hours before showering. The bronzer will wash off during the first shower. This is normal.
- When showering for the first time and for the lifetime of your spray tan, put some gentle cleansing liquid in your palms and lightly
apply it. Rinse your skin. DO NOT USE A LOOFAH, BUFFPAD, NYLON PUFF, or WASHCLOTH! A rich moisturizing soap free body wash designed for spray tan is best recommended and available at our location at
a special low price. Use warm water and pat dry. Avoid long hot showers/baths, spas, excessive heat such as a sauna and rubbing of the skin afterwards as this increases the natural skin exfoliation
process. If you are going to be in a pool or at the beach, be sure to wear a thick waterproof or sport SPF to create a barrier between your tan and the water.
Remember to wear a protective SPF Sunscreen when out in the sun to avoid sunburn.
Apply a good moisturizer in the morning and at night. The best kind would be a tan extender. a tan extender has a light DHa
bronzing in it to extend the look of your spray tan and reduces uneven wear and patchiness sometimes caused from shaving or chlorine exposure. Moisturizing slows down the natural skin
exfoliation process thus extending the life of the tan. The more moisturizer you apply the longer the tan will last. Avoid using moisturizers or products that contain Glycolic Alpha
Hydroxy Acids and Sodium Laureth Sulphate as these ingredients promote increased exfoliation and will accelerate the fading process of the tan. Tan extenders are also available at a low special
IMPORTANT: Like perfume or cologne, the sunless solution reacts with each person's skin chemistry and this determines
color depth, tone and longevity. Most people will develop natural, even color from the solution as long as the before and after recommendations are followed completely. Some people will get a golden-
tan color and others will develop more of a brown-tan color. The color difference is mostly due to the uniqueness of each person's skin chemistry, not the solution. Other factors that can play a role
in color tone are perfumes, moisturizers, face medications and cleansing agents used prior to the airbrush session. It is VERY important for the skin to be clean and free of any other agent used
prior to the airbrush session. The longevity of your spray tan will depend on the maintenance you give it and how well your skin reacts to the spray tan solution. Be advised there may be a small
percentage of individuals whose skin does not react favorably to spray tanning. Certain medications could inhibit your spray tan.
I recommend that after continuous spray-tanning, let your skin rest. This allows you to completely lose your sunless tan periodically,
which helps eliminate patchiness or uneven areas of wear. These areas are caused by normal contact with clothing and other surfaces, which cause unintended exfoliation. Healthy, moist skin will
retain the results of your sunless tanning session longer. Sunless spray results will vary by individual.
Products NOT recommeded after tanning:
- Bar soaps especially deodorant, or antibacterial varieties
- Curl lotion -Hair thinning lotion or removing lotion
- Anit-aging products or AHA's -Beta Hydroxy Acids-Salicylic Acid
- Retin-A type products (Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac, Tretinoin)
- Alcohol based products such as toners and astringents
- Antibiotics or other medications that affect your skin can also affect your spray tan
- Body hair bleach products will bleach the spray tan, non bleach lighteners are fine
- Bore type adhesive facial strips, or peel off masks
- Anit-acne products
- BandAids pulls off layers of the "Tan"
- Pore cleansing facial strips
- Depilatory product
- Shaving exfoliates the skin, so fades tan. Use a new clean razor with lubricating product. A dull razor scrapes off more skin and
spray tan. An electric razor or epilator will fade tan less
- Pat dry instead of rubbing
- Bleach products for body hair
- Bug sprays - try to spray your clothes instead of you. If you must have it on you, spray a "cloud" to go through.
Enjoy your tan you’ll look and feel sexy!!